I thought this week’s Check Up from the Neck Up challenge was fun. Having to base our hair look on the makeup the models were wearing, I decided to really make it a challenge for myself! I chose the ugliest looking makeup. I wanted to turn it to beauty!
This week’s Glam Slam challenge creating a Drag Queen look inspired by a TV show was extreme. I'm no stranger to working with aggressive styling for drags so I wanted to immerse myself in the idea. As crazy as it was, I could make it fun with the TV inspired show.
I was a little concerned when I found out that two stylists were going home this week. I have been on the Hair Don’t side for the past couple of weeks. I have a chance to go home. I'm not ready!
When I was partnered up with Bossa Nova, I was excited to work with someone who is so talented. It didn't work out as much as I thought. At first we collaborated to come up with great ideas. Then things started to fall apart when we needed to make changes to Bossa Nova’s heavy structure idea.
I was upset that I was a Hair Don’t. Although I take full responsibility for the work that was put into our design, I did more than just create art. I encouraged the other stylist to stay motivated and continue to finish our piece.
It was a bittersweet feeling to be eliminated. The pressure and late nights of prepping ideas were gone. However, the grand prize was gone for me too. I feel I shouldn’t have gone home this week. It takes more than talent to stay in the game of this industry. Most people succeed because of the mindset we have: to stay focused and not to lose sight. I helped another stylist keep the focus but I took the fall...
- Extreme Hair See pictures each week of the extreme hair styles from each episode.
- Crazy Catfights: Season 4 A highlight of the best and baddest catfights from the ladies of Season 4 .
- Episode 1: The Hair Is Back The Hair Battle Spectacular is back and better than ever! Who do you think will be the first eliminated in the first episode of season 2?
- Episode 17: Kelly Forbes Happily ever after ends abruptly when a newlywed is found strangled to death in a Long Island home.
- Sexi Lexi's Candids Check out some candid photos of Sexi Lexi here.
Join the real-time viewing party
Download the free OxygenLive app now.
Buy your favorite episodes now!